dnata introduces new management structure to further enhance operational and service excellence
Dubai, UAE, 24 July – dnata, one of the world’s largest air services providers, has introduced a new management structure to reflect the robust expansion of its International Airport Operations division. The new set-up enables the company to leverage strengths and synergies and continually provide excellent brand and service experiences to all customers across its global operations.
The new structure, which has been implemented gradually, includes three newly created Regional Chief Executive Officer (CEO) roles. Reporting directly to Stewart Angus, Divisional Senior Vice President, International Airport Operations, the Regional CEOs assume responsibility for dnata’s ground handling and cargo operations in multiple countries, managing a total workforce of 23,000 employees.
- Ross Marino, a member of the dnata team since 2005, has been appointed Regional CEO, UK & Europe. In his new role, Marino will oversee dnata’s operations at 13 airports in Belgium, Italy, Switzerland, The Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
- Dirk Goovaerts, who has joined dnata in 2019 as Regional CEO, Asia Pacific, is responsible for managing dnata’s businesses at 10 airports in Australia, the Philippines and Singapore.
- Janis Balkens, who was promoted to Regional CEO, New and Emerging Markets in 2018, will continue to lead the company’s operations at 35 airports in Brazil, Canada, Pakistan and Iraq.
dnata’s extensive handling operations in the United States, which covers 28 airports across the country, will continue to be overseen by David Barker, CEO of dnata USA.
Stewart Angus, Divisional Senior Vice President, International Airport Operations, dnata, said: “Over the past few years we have evolved into a leading, global player in air services by continually enhancing our operations, entering new markets and significantly strengthening our team.”
“Our new regional structure allows us to get closer to our business and customers, operating with consistent standards and systems. It helps us leverage synergies across the regions and above all, ensure we constantly provide the best possible services to our customers at every airport.”
“We continue to work hard to be the world’s most admired air services provider by delivering service excellence and achieving the highest safety standards.”
The new structure of dnata’s International Airport Operations does not affect dnata’s ground handling and cargo operations in the UAE, which continues to be managed by dnata’s UAE Airport Operations Division, under the leadership of Steve Allen, Divisional Senior Vice President.
dnata has significantly increased its global footprint through acquisitions, partnerships, as well as organic growth over the past years. Since 2015, the company has added five countries to its global network and expanded its staff with 10,000 aviation professionals.
dnata now provides quality, safe and reliable ground handling and cargo services at 88 airports in 14 countries with a team of over 30,000 dedicated employees, handling 700,000 aircraft and moving 3.1 million tonnes of cargo annually.
- dnata provides quality and safey ground handling and cargo services at 88 airports in 14 countries
- Stewart Angus, Divisional Senior Vice President, International Airport Operations
- Janis Balkens, Regional CEO, New and Emerging Markets
- Ross Marino, Regional CEO, UK & Europe
- Dirk Goovaerts, Regional CEO, Asia Pacific